Strategic Objectives of the Government Program for the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research
- Considering the entry of Iraqi universities into international classifications as a goal and as an indicator of the quality of higher education in Iraq.
- Each university president must submit a specific timetable for his university entrance in one of the important international classifications.
- To adopt a real twinning of Iraqi universities with international universities through joint study and training, exchange of means of testing, outputs of joint scientific research and other essential matters.
The ministry offers its plans to reduce slippage, spread academic atmosphere, research and university life, raise scientific standards and seek to contract with the state or companies to complete the work (“average”).
- Encouraging the establishment of private universities by international standards and quality, encouraging parallel education in universities and introducing distance education, and putting the current universities under test, whether to upgrade or cancel the vacation of non-serious universities aimed at issuing diplomas without scientific-university qualifications, and show the first steps in the medium term “He said.
- Encouraging investment in the expansion of government colleges and raising their academic and academic levels by the Iraqi private sector, foreign universities or foreign universities so that the college or the government university becomes an auxiliary counterpart for improving the educational situation and saving expenditures from outside the state budget.