- Full Name & Surname:……….Dr Ali Mousa Mahdi Hassoon Al Mousawi
- Date of Birth: …………………….. Jul. 1st 1956
- Marital Status:…………………… Married
- Number of siblings……………. 1
- Religion: ……………………………. Muslim
- Passport no. :G1302797
- Degrees obtained:
M.B, Ch.B……………………Medical College; University of Baghdad; June 1979
M.Sc. (Community Medicine)…Medical College; University of Baghdad; Mar.9th 1985
- Scientific Status & Date Obtained: Assistant Teacher (Lecturer ) at Kerbala medical college; Apr.1st. 2005
- Resident doctor at Yarmook teaching hospital & Medical City-Baghdad; Aug.30th 1979-Aug.30th 1980
- Military doctor ; Sept. 7th 1980- Oct. 1983
- Postgraduate study (M.Sc in Community Medicine); Oct.1983 – Feb 1985
- House surgeon at pediatric hospital/Medical city –Baghdad;Feb.1985-14 Oct.1985
- Military doctor; 14 Oct.1985-12 Feb. 1988
- Specialist doctor (Community Medicine) Director of the department of Preventive health at the Directorate of Health-Kerbala; from Feb.1985-18 Apr.2003.
- Deputy general director of Kerbala health directorate 19 Apr. 2003-1 Apr.2005
- Lecturer and Decider of Dept. of Community Medicine in the College of Medicine / University of Kerbala 1Apr.2005-2005 till now.
- Training courses:
More than fifty training courses on primary health care programs (Control of Diarrheal Diseases, Acute Respiratory Diseases, Breast feeding, Health education and Family planning) at the ministry of health & WHO supervised courses.
More than fifty training courses on communicable disease control including several WHO supervised courses & representing Iraq with a paper presentation at WHO/EMRO meeting on hydatidosis control in Amman ,Jordon 1989 & one month WHO fellowship for training on hemorrhagic fever control in Islamabad/Pakistan.
More than fifty training courses and two MSc courses in the United Kingdom/ University of Newcastle
1-The Third Scientific Congress College of Medicine University of Baghdad 15-17 April 1986
2-The first scientific conference of the Iraqi Community Medicine association & The Regional Conference for the International Federation of Epidemiology; Feb.3rd -5th 1987
3- A paper presented at the first conference of primary health care quality on 1991 ( The evaluation of primary health services at Kerbala health office).
4- A paper presentation at the First medical conference at Najaf health directorate 1993(Hemorrhagic fever in Middle Euphrates governorates).
5- Two paper presentation at 4th medical conference of Al Nahreen medical college in Baghdad 1994(infant feeding models in Kerbala governorates in1992,Weight for height in children in Kerbala governorate in 1992).
6-A paper presented in 3rd medical conference at Kufa medical college 2006 (EPI Vaccination coverage in Kerbala children in 2004).
- Teaching Experience:
- Lecturer in Nursing Secondary School of kerbala; 1985.
- Lecture at technical institute at Kerbala 1990 -2008
- Supervisor of seven postgraduate Diploma in public health students at Baghdad medical college & Al Nahreen medical college at Baghdad ,and a participant member of Diploma certification at Al Nahreen medical college at Baghdad.
- Lecturer / Medical College/ University of Kerbala; 2005 Apr.1st. 2005 till now.
- Lecturer / Pharmacy College/ University of Kerbala
- Published research papers:
- M.Sc. Thesis on carcinoma of the colon in Iraq, epidemiological study published in 1985.
- Infants feeding modes in kerbala 1992 a research presented at 4th medical conference of Al Nahreen medical college at Baghdad 1994 & Published in the Journal of the University of Kerbala, Vol.4 No.1 may 2006: 30-45
- Weight for height of Children in Kerbala governorate in 1992 a research presented at 4th medical conference of Al Nahreen medical college at Baghdad 1994.
- “Evaluation of primary health services at Kerbala health directorate 1991” a research presented at primary health care quality conference 1991.
- Hemorrhagic fever in Middle Euphrates governorates presented at 1st medical conference at Najaf health directorate 1993.
- EPI Vaccination coverage in Kerbala children in 2000. published in Kufa college medical college journal Vol.10 No 1,2007: 226-235.
- Heart rate and Blood pressure changes after exercise in normal adolescent in relation to Body Mass Index. published in Kufa college medical college journal Vol.11 No 1,2008: 419-428.
- Integrated Problem Based Learning (PBL) Evaluation by Students in Kerbala Medical College 12 (1), 2016 Al-Kindy College Medical Journal at: http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=115743
- War-related trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder prevalence among undergraduate students in Iraq in 2010 Published article 2017 Iraqi Journal of Public Health, 2017,1 (2): 35-41 http://www.jocms.org/index.php/ijph/article/view/235
- Technical Errors in Using Inhalers among Patients with Asthma
or COPD in Iraq Published article 2017 Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences 2017, 15:4-12 https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317037952_Technical_Errors_in_Using_Inhalers_among_Patients_with_Asthma_or_COPD_in_Iraq
- Academic Performance of Final Year Medical Students at Kerbala Medical College in 2015 and 2016 Published article 2017 Journal of Contemporary Medical Science2017 3 (9): 170-177 www.jocms.org/index.php/jcms/article/download/132/80/
- Tuberculosis program health care workers knowledge about tuberculosis in Kerbala governorate in 2017 Published article 2017 Iraqi Journal of Public Health 2017, 1 (3): 60-64 file:///C:/Users/Ali/Downloads/292-85-440-1-10-20171224%20(1).pdf
- or: file:///C:/Users/DELL/Downloads/Documents/292-85-440-1-10-20171224.pdf
- Evaluation of case detection of TB before and after adoption of Gene expert Published article 2018 Iraqi Journal of Science 59(2): 1019-1025
- Hepatitis A in Kerbala Eight Year Epidemiological Study Published article 2018 Kerbala Medical Journal 11(1): 3873-3883 https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=146172
- Problem Based Learning from Students Perspectives in University of Kerbala, College of Medicine Published article 2018 Kerbala Medical Journal 11(1): 3928-3936 https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=146183
- Monotherapy or Combined therapy in non-responding Epilepsy, Which is best? Published article 2018 Kerbala journal of pharmaceutical sciences (16): 29-41 https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=164369
- Quality of life of Epileptic Patients in Kerbala in Iraq in 2018 Published article 2018 Kerbala Medical Journal 2019
- Erectile Dysfunction among Patients with Diabetes Mellitus in Kerbala in 2018 Published article 2018 Kerbala journal of pharmaceutical sciences https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=156230
- Vitamin D Deficiency in Osteoporosis Published article 2018 EurAsian Journal of Bioscience
- Three decades History of Tuberculosis Control in Kerbala/ Iraq Published article 2018 Iraqi Journal of Public Health
- Tutors Evaluation of Integrated Medical Learning in Karbala Medical College Published article 2018 Journal of Medical Education Spring 2018; 17(2):115-124 journals.sbmu.ac.ir/jme/article/view/20095
- Comparison of Students’ Perceptions about the Educational Environment in Integrated Learning and Conventional learning at the College of Medicine, University of Kerbala, Iraq in 2016 Conference paper 2019 19th ICHPE-Medical Conference in Tehran/ Iran
- Seasonal behavior and forecasting trends of tuberculosis incidence in Holy Kerbala, Iraq Published article 2018 International Journal of Mycobacteriology 7 (4): 361-367 http://www.ijmyco.org/article.asp?issn=2212-5531;year=2018;volume=7;issue=4;spage=361;epage=367;aulast=Mohammed
- The Prevalence of Dental Caries among students of Dentistry Colleges in Holy Kerbala Governorate/ Iraq in 2017 Published article 2019 Journal of Contemporary Medical Science Vol 5 No 3 (2019): May-June http://www.jocms.org/index.php/jcms/article/view/610
- Evaluation of Case detection rates of Pulmonary Tuberculosis before and after adoption of GeneXpert MTB/RIF Published article 2018 Iraqi Journal of Science 59 (2C): 1019-1025 https://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=146223
- Husbands Violence against Wives in Kerbala Governorate in Iraq in 2018 Kerbala journal of pharmaceutical sciences 2019
- A Survey of Feeding Practice in Infants Between 6 and 12 Month of Age among The PHC Visitors in Kerbala Governorate in 2018 Kerbala journal of pharmaceutical sciences 2019
More than seventy massages of thanks including five ministerial thanks & evaluation.