قرار من مجلس الكلية يتعلق بإضافة كورس اختياري project based learning في المرحلة الرابعة. ينجز خلاله الطلاب (٢٥ طالبا) مشروع بحث التخرج بشكل ٥ مجاميع صغيرة. وبالتحديد في موضوع gestational diabetes and hypertension
أدناه تفاصيل طرق البحث و من ضمنها تفاصيل الكورس:
Needs assessment form was created. This will be distributed to internal and External steckholders. It contains questions about the three different sections of the project expected outcome, community health promotion, impact on students and Innovation at Institutional level. Analysis of responses of Needs assessment forms will ensure the rationale of the project and prooved the need to implement it.
- Study design: Prospective intervention study
- Intervention: Following the needs assessment form analysis and institutional bioethical approval, project based learning course development and incorporation into year 4 Medical curriculum. The 12-week course* address early detection of GDM and GH. Post course evaluation will follow to test for the early outcomes.
- Study participants; Twenty five year-4 medical students (5 subgroups) will be allowed to join the course as SST AND informed consent obtained from them to be engaged in the project. Similarly, five faculty members will be reqruited as course facilitators and subgroup mentors.
- Sampling procedure: Needs assessment form response will be collected and statistically analysed. Students will collect data from at risk pregnant women regarding measurement of blood pressure and blood sugar according to the standard guidelines. Course Evaluation test results will be analysed in accordance to the College standard setting. Course Evaluation forms and interview will done and responses analysed accordingly.
- Sample size: Under direct supervision, Students will collect data from a total of 250 at risk pregnant women.
- Data Collection tools: These include data from needs assessment form, Blood Pressure measurement, blood glucose levels measurement, post course test results and data from course Evaluation forms and interviews.
- Data analysis: The biostatistical package SPSS will be applyed to analyse quantitative and Qualitative data obtained throughout the project.
- Human subjects protection: Institutional and individual Informed Consent will be obtained and bioethical approval letter from the bioethical Committee of College of Medicine University of Kerbala will be addressed according to the standard bioethical and Biosafety principles and guidelines.
A 12-week project based learning program will be designed and developed
Course objective: to address the early detection of GDM and GH.
Duration: 12 weeks
Clinical sessions, workshops, small group discussions and preliminary assignments (2 weeks)
Data collection of the at-risk pregnant mothers- Five subgroups each supervised by a group mentor (8 weeks)
Analysis of data (workshop) and final presentations and graduation (2 weeks)
Formative and summative tests of knowledge, clinical skills and atitude of the enrolled students will be done at the end of the course and results would be analysed and compared to those who didnt attend the course.
Google Evaluation forms answered by participants (students, faculty and patients) and to other steckholders. The form will evaluate the impact of the project in all directions of its expected outcomes.
التسجيل في الكورس اعلاه متاح لطلبة المرحلة الرابعة اعتباراً من اليوم ولغاية 9-10-2021، فعلى من يرغب بالانضمام الى الكورس التسجيل عند ممثل المرحلة حيث سترسل الاسماء الى السيد معاون العميد للشؤون العلمية الدكتورعلي منصور من قبل الممثل ، علماً ان اجتياز الكورس يغني عن بحث التخرج